Claes4

Claes4
Cheesing hardcore...the Claes4.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon

What better way to increase your
Omega 3 intake than by covering salmon
with brown sugar?
I have never made salmon so I wasn't sure how it would go over or taste.  Fears relieved...it tasted wonderful and was super easy to make.  I roughly followed this recipe:  http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Brown-Sugar-Glazed-Salmon-2
I didn't have any honey so I used a little bit of apricot Simply Fruit.  I also added a bit more Dijon mustard and also included 2 cloves of diced garlic and about 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ground ginger.  Since it was pretty sweet I also added some lemon juice.  I salted and peppered the salmon pieces by themselves.  The sauce made enough for 6 pieces of salmon but next time I will make a bit more because it is yummy.  I also will eliminate the butter because it didn't seem to make a difference.  I did spray the foil paper with spray and patted the salmon pieces dry before putting them on the foil. Next time I will only make 4 pieces because the kids split a piece while Sean and I each had one.

Even though we all liked this (very proud of the girls for trying something totally new) next time I will do a more savory and healthier version.   I will probably just go with fresh herbs and lemon.  I did like how quickly and easy it was to cook.  I was very apprehensive that it would stick or not cook throughly.

I served the salmon with one of my favorite potato recipes from Better Homes & Gardens, http://www.bhg.com/recipe/vegetables/cottage-fried-potatoes/.  I've made these potatoes many times over the years and they are just hearty and homey.  We had a simple green salad along with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment