Claes4

Claes4
Cheesing hardcore...the Claes4.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

1/10/12 - Steak, baked potatoes and green beans

What a side looking plate.
Must work on plating.
I already had tonight's dinner planned in my mind yesterday.  I am grateful for the forethought because today was a doozy.  Work was stressful, as I am under a massive deadline and trying to meet our sales goal.  It was also much more complicated than needed to be.  Unfortunately, I contributed to that, which I am working on.


The main thing that really threw me is that I received the news that one of the "good ones" passed away last night.  Beverly "Woody" Wood.  Anybody who is confident and bold enough to go by Woody has to be someone special!  She was one of the group of older ladies at my church...my intergenerational friend, if you will.  She had a biting wit, a great laugh, a beautiful twinkle in eye and didn't want anyone to cause a fuss over her...ever.  So she would be pretty mad to know I am rambling on about her.  My God, my church and my church family mean so much to me, if you haven't figured that out by now.  I am so glad that my family got to spend time with Woody right before Christmas.  The night was a comedy of errors and I shall never forget how wonderful it all was.  I told her I loved her as I hugged her goodbye.  I don't know if she knew how often I thought of her but I know she knew I loved her.  There are also a long list of needs and concerns at my little church right now.  So if you could say a prayer for the fine folks of Kyle United Methodist Church (www.kyleumc.org/) I would appreciate it.


Soooo...I found 2 packages of thinly cut ribeyes on "Quick Sale" at Wal-Mart yesterday.  Normally I don't buy meat or produce at Wal-Mart but this looked really nice.  My only complaint is that they were super thin...maybe a 1/4 inch.  The good thing is that they only took about 45 seconds to cook on each side.  The bad thing is that was about 15-20 seconds to much. The residual cooking made them more well done than medium rare, as we like steak, but it was fine.  I seasoned one batch with just salt and pepper.  One with Adam's Reserve Steak au Poivre which I don't think they make anymore.  But the real winner...the steaks seasoned with Rubio Spice Company "Griller's Rub" (http://www.rubiospice.com/index.php/123/rubs/grillers-rub-10oz).  Amazing...you must get some!  Perfect on everything we grilled over the summer and just as nice with pan-fried steaks.  And the man behind the scene?  Our friend, Norm Rubio.  Woo hoo!


To finish the meal I made real baked potatoes in the oven.  Is there anything better than that?  1 hour at 425º to fluffy yumminess.  The last thing was one of the H-E-B Sauced Steamed Vegetables.  I believe it was Texas style green beans.  Not very good in my opinion.


Verdict:  It was an OK meal.  It was quick, so I am glad I bought a second package of those thin steaks.  They will be nice in a stir fry.  Yes, the potatoes took an hour to cook but literally took to 3 minutes to prep and the next 60 minutes were spent getting some of that nasty paying job work done.  The green beans, while funky, only took 5 minutes to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment