Claes4

Claes4
Cheesing hardcore...the Claes4.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Baked brown rice

Rice, rice baby!
My husband doesn't really care for pasta or rice.  My kids only really like white rice drowned in soy sauce.  I LOVE pasta and rice...period.  I have found a happy medium for all of us is brown rice.  I like the texture and the nuttiness but it does take a long time to cook. 

What I find works perfectly for us, as long as I am thinking ahead, is baked brown rice (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/baked-brown-rice-recipe.html#!).  Alton Brown is a genius!  This easy recipe comes out right every time (except that one time I doubled it).  I don't deviate from the recipe at all and I use short grain rice because it is firmer. 

This is great to make if you are cooking several things in the oven at one time.  I started this rice at 350 degrees for 30 minutes since I was cooking something else at the same time.  I then finished it at 400 degrees for 15 minutes because I was finishing something else.  After sitting for 5 minutes it was perfect and not sticky.


This is one of my favorite things to make and be able to have with baked chicken and salad through the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment