Claes4

Claes4
Cheesing hardcore...the Claes4.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Baked boneless skinless chicken breasts

Future chicken taco filling.
I could offer a ton of lame excuses as to why it has been over 2 years since my last blog but I'll come right out and say it...I'm lazy, I get really down on myself and I'm scatterbrained.  Those 3 things together are my kryptonite!  But with a new year comes high ideals and goals.  Once of those for me is starting up Say A Mouthful again.

First recipe back puts the "winner, winner" in chicken dinner.  We eat a lot of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  They are quick to cook, take seasoning well and can used for so many quick dishes.  Their biggest downfall, to me is, is they are usually expensive and can get tough or overcooked very quickly. 

So how to make a boneless, skinless chicken breast amazingly moist and flavorful?  I sometimes bake them when they are about 3/4 of the way defrosted, but those results vary.  I wanted to find something more exact and by the power of Google, I did!  This recipe from the kitchn is perfect and made me feel quite fancy (ohhhh...parchment paper).  http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-the-best-chicken-breasts-in-the-oven-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-211453

I used 4 large defrosted boneless, skinless chicken breast and split them in half.  I patted them dry with paper towels, seasoned with just sea salt and cracked black pepper and then sprayed 2 large glass pans with non-stick spray (I normally use coconut oil instead of non-stick spray but I was all out of that and butter).  Then I measured enough parchment paper to cover both pans.  Before covering the chicken I sprayed one side of the parchment.  I then covered the chicken and pressed the parchment onto each breast.  I baked them in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes, checked on them and gave them another 15 minutes.  These suckers came out so juicy and with the flavor of roasted chicken.  Even with no excess oil or liquid I got about 1.5 cups of broth from the 2 pans.

So how will we use them this week?  Tonight with brown rice (watch for the recipe) and steamed broccoli.  Later in the week as tacos or flautas and hopefully there will be enough for a dish to take to Wednesday night fellowship at church.

No comments:

Post a Comment